I’ve been nominated! Woohoo!! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! I’ve been nominated for the — wait a second…
What exactly is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award
Questions. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Dianna Gunn, but I was left with questions. What is this award? Who’s it for? Why pick me? These were some of the questions in my head.
Dianna answered a few of them on her blog post, which also listed the rules. Yes, rules. Rules the nominee has to abide by should he/she choose to accept this award.
I wanted to know more.
From what I can gather, this award originated sometime around 2010. It’s an online award intended to encourage new bloggers as they settle into the life of blogging and build their readership.
We definitely need encouragement. That’s for sure!
Rule 1: Thanks!
Thank you Dianna Gunn for thinking of me and for nominating me with this award!
Rule 2: Display the award.
I did this up there! ^^^
Rule 3: Answer the questions.
Dianna asked 11 questions, so I will answer them here!
- What is your favorite color?
- Tie-Dye! I’m not kidding. Josh and I even had a tie-dye wedding cake!
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?
- I would like to say pay off debt or set aside enough for a college fund for our kiddos, but who am I kidding? I’m more likely to upgrade my phone and buy a laptop.
- Cats or dogs?
- So… I used to be a cat person, but I am slowly becoming a dog person.
- Cake or pie?
- Cake… Sometimes pie, but mostly cake.
- What’s your favorite genre?
- Historical fiction. This is my favorite book in that genre:
- What’s your favorite series?
- A tough question to answer…
- Favorite book to screen adaptation?
- Books are almost always better than their movie counterparts. However, the movie was better this time. (Given, it could be because this one was based on a short story and not a full-length novel, but still…)
- If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would it be?
- I think I’d be Hermione Granger. Not only does she get to use magic, but she gets to ride a dragon, too!
- Do you read one book at a time or many?
- What are you reading RIGHT NOW?
- I’m about to start a Middle Grade fantasy. I checked out four from the library.
- What’s the one big thing you really want to accomplish before 2017 ends?
- I want to have the third draft (yes… I said third) of my novel written by the end of this year.
Rule 4: Random Facts…
Random facts? What in the world do you want to know about me? I’ll try to think of 11…
- I’m semi-ambidextrous. I write with my right hand, but I do most everything else left-handed: bowling, tennis, playing pool, etc.
- I’m the oldest of four children.
- Only my little brother and I were born in the same state — my parents, sister, and baby brother were all born in different states.
- Oddly, only my youngest son and I were born in the same state — hubby and oldest son were born in different states.
- I love Judy Blume books, but I haven’t read any in quite some time.
- I am one of those weird teachers who can’t wait for school to start again!
- I hate having my hair up, but I hate having it in my face, too…
- I played French horn in band, and before that I played the trumpet.
- I can solve a Rubik’s Cube (I still have to look up the patterns online for the yellow part, though).
- I don’t believe in ghosts… sort of…
- I can’t play video games with the music on.
Rule 5: Nominations!
- Elizabeth (Lizzie) Dunlap — Lizzie launched a new book last month (second in the series), and she’s working on reaching her readers.
- G.R. McNeese — George not only shares his stories with his readers, but he also shares his struggles.
- Cori Miller — Cori writes about family, parenting, and the trials and blessings of motherhood.
- Remus — Remus writes about writing and how to get a little better at it.
- Leigh M. Lorien — Leigh encourages writers with helpful tips on writing and self-care.
Rule 6: Your questions… And some non-question type questions…
- If you could meet any author (alive or from the past), who would you meet and why?
- Describe your first happy memory.
- What is your favorite scent, and has it ever appeared in your writing?
- Describe your favorite place in the whole world.
- If you could only listen to music from one decade in history for the rest of your life, which decade would you choose and why?
- Describe how it looks outside right now.
- What do you remember about your favorite teacher?
- Describe your ideal vacation.
- If you could live in one fictional world (that you didn’t create), which one would you live in and why?
- Describe a time when you wish you had a camera, but didn’t.
- What would you do with a million dollars?
Rule 7: List the rules.
Already done, too! ^^^
Rule 8: Inform your nominees!
I linked them in, but I’ll let them know, too!
That was fun! I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me, and I can’t wait to hear more about you!
What now? I’d like to hear a few random facts about you. So, feel free to share a couple or answer a few of my questions above about yourself in the comments section below!
Dianna, thank you again for this nomination!